Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Planting

Planting is easy because it is way up off the ground. We drew a little diagram where we split the Grow Camp into 4 sections so we could remember what we planted where.The peas will climb up the lattice we placed in there.

Spacing, especially with sprouts this small, will be by trial and error this first time around. We've run into spacing problems using the pots before but this is so deep you can space things much closer so we'll see how it all works out.

Of course after replanting you need to soak all the plants and showering through the screen works amazingly well to diffuse the water into a light rain for the tiny seedlings.

We might get some frost tonight so we sealed it all up.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for sharing all this Scott. I am definitely following your progress. My Grow Camp arrived today and am getting started right now on the building. I am looking forward to extending my Montana growing season and think this just might do the trick! Thanks again for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Scott thanks for the great post with pics.

This answered alot of my questions. Do I fill it with dirt ? how much does it take ?

I noticed your post if from 2010. Would you still buy the unit again today? do you recommend ?

Thanks
Brad

Post a Comment